Tuesday, March 08, 2011

International Women's Day


We have a little ritual that we do when we leave the house for the day, heading for school and work. First, we tell the cats to behave themselves while we're gone: "Be good. No smoking. No making french fries." And then as we go through the front door, I always say, "Let's go conquer the world!"

Today is the 100th anniversary of International Women's Day, so I decided to switch it up a bit. I told the girls that I wanted them to go out and kick some butt and show everyone what super amazing women they are. (And then I had to explain the word 'metaphorically' to Rachel.)

What are you going to do today?

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:06 PM

    I'm too disgusted by winter at this point to do anything...

    - Jazz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing specific, it's more about being Pancake Day for me really! And it's 6pm now, so bit late.

    Funny what you said about rituals, we have our own morning ritual and also there's two days a week that occasionally K gets home 5 mins before me, so we joke that she puts on ice skates and jumps on a trampoline (we own neither) until I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to spend today imagining the world in another generation or so when our girls are adults who are out there kicking butt every day. It's going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh, put away a bunch of books at the library, clean up my house, take my daughter to dance and drink rooibos lattes with my fellow dance moms. In other words, totally miss the boat, because I'm just gradually regaining my appetite for life along with my pulmonary function. However, my daughter is totally into conquering the world every day, so there's that. Today she was the boss of a game called Secret Headquarters at recess. Who knows what might be different tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:40 AM

    I will burn my bra. Just kidding.
    BFF

    ReplyDelete