Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I bet even Peter Gabriel never saw this coming

On my way to work today, I passed the new headquarters of the Taoist Tai Chi Society of Canada. The building it's housed in used to be a Swiss Chalet restaurant -- a chain famous for rotisserie chicken and distinctive chalet-style architecture.

Does the juxtaposition of tai chi and rotisserie chicken make anyone else think of this:



Or is it just me?

The relevant part starts at around 3:21 of the video. And I do that every time I'm making a roast chicken or turkey. When I'm rinsing it in the sink before putting it in the roasting pan, I make it dance, and bow, and gesture with its little wings, for my own amusement, while I sing Sledgehammer (badly). I like to think that it would make Peter Gabriel smile.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, I KNEW what the video was going to be before I clicked on it. I was thinking the same thing as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah yes...I do think of sledge hammer when I see a chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee! Husband and I shared a flat at university with a strict vegetarian. Husband used to make chickens dance for her on a regular basis. I'm surprised she was still talking to us, frankly, but she was my bridesmaid a few years later so we can't have traumatised her too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I was the only one who thought about this video when making roast chicken.

    ReplyDelete