Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Six-year-old logic

Monday evening, in the car on the way to swimming lessons, windshield wipers clearing the snow off the glass, the radio off, talking. Rachel told us about going skating at the arena with her class for their field trip. Leah was talking about Barack Obama and how tomorrow he'd become the President of the United States, which her class had discussed that afternoon in current events.

Leah: Does he have kids, Mum?

Me: Yes, he has two daughters. Kind of like you two, but a bit older, I think.

Rae: What are their names?

Me (thinking): Ummm, one is called Malia...

Leah (repeating it): Ma-Leah?

Me: ....and I can't remember the name of the other one.

Rae: It's probably Ma-Rachel

9 comments:

  1. excellent logic

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so funny.

    It's Sascha, BTW. The girls are 10 and 7.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:05 PM

    Makes sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:30 PM

    It would have been even more fun for her to figure out Sarah Palin's kids' names

    ReplyDelete
  5. XUP! That's so cruel!

    Alison, I like her logic. Makes perfect sense. Kind of like the an Eddie Murphy routine where he talks about Monique and her sister Unique. (When I was pregnant and people asked me for names, those are the ones I said I was tossing around, if it turned out I had twins! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! Rachel is awesome. She seems kinda like Gutsy only more poilte and less screamy. Wanna trade?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:00 PM

    me thinks its really nice that you take the time to log these kinds of funny chats you have with your daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! i love the stuff kids come up with.

    ReplyDelete