Monday, February 04, 2008

I got nothing

I've been sick most of the weekend and it's hard to think when your head feels like it's full of cotton balls. So, a meme is in order. I think I saw this first on Dani's blog a while ago.

It's the mp3 player oracle. The rules: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

How does the world see you?
You Wreck Me – Tom Petty
(OK, that doesn't sound good.)

Will I have a happy life?
A Little Less Conversation, A Little More Action – Elvis vs. JXL
(I guess I should get a move on with the dating thing, huh?)

What do my friends really think of me?
Beautiful Girls – Van Halen
(Ha. No, seriously, what do you think of me?)

Do people secretly lust after me?
Let’s Dance – David Bowie
(People want to dance with me? Have they ever *seen* me dance?)

How can I make myself happy?
One Night in Bangkok – Murray Head
(Not on my salary.)

What should I do with my life?
Pour Some Sugar on Me – Def Leppard
(Yeah, like *that'll* help me get back into those size 10 jeans)

Will I ever have children?
Start Me Up – the Stones
(I already have children. Not sure what that means.)

What is some good advice for me?
Girls on Film – Duran Duran
(Ummm, I don't think I'll be going down that road.)

How will I be remembered?
When I’m Up (I Can’t Get Down) – Great Big Sea
(She was an optimist.)

What is my signature dancing song?
Limelight - Rush
(Not the world's greatest dancing song. But, then again, not the world's best dancer here either.)

What do I think my current theme song is?
What’s Love Got to Do With It – Tina Turner
(Hmmmm.)

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
Life is a Highway – Tom Cochrane
(Well, we did do a lot of traveling last summer.)

What song will play at my funeral?
No One is to Blame – Howard Jones
(I certainly hope no one is to blame. I'd kinda like to die of old, old age.)

What type of men/women do you like?

There Will Never Be Another Tonight - Bryan Adams
(Spontaneous men?)

What is my day going to be like?
Train in Vain – The Clash
(That figures.)

That was fun! Let me know if you haven’t done it and you decide to play along!

I'm going to have another cup of tea and a nap. Now I just need a good napping song.

7 comments:

  1. You have great songs on your MP3. I LOVE One Night In Bangkok! Do you get your kicks above the waistline, sunshine? Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:22 PM

    Hoo boy, and I thought *my* tastes ran to 80s goodness!! ;)

    Fun answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:38 PM

    what a great meme! feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There *is* more up-to-date stuff on my mp3, honest. The shuffle mode seemed to seek the 80s stuff out and totally ignore the Keanes, KT Tunstall, the Fray, Broken Social Scene, Snow Patrol, State of Shock, Lily Allen, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:00 PM

    I played! Thanks for the idea -- I couldn't come up with anything to write about today.

    Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:26 PM

    Do you dance like Elaine on Seinfeld? Because that would be cool :-)

    I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't be that bad of a dancer :)
    Love the music selection though. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete