Monday, January 07, 2008

Introducing Max

Famous Maxes throughout history.

The Grinch's dog, Max:



Maxwell Smart:



Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor:



Max from Max and Ruby:



Everyone's favourite realty company:



Max, the butler from Sunset Boulevard:



OK, maybe that last one was a reach, I just keep remembering the Carol Burnett version of that movie where Carol (as Nora Desmond) keeps yelling "Max, Maaax, Max" and Harvey Korman (as Max) is slapping everyone:




But I digress... What was I doing again? Oh yeah. Introducing another in a list of illustrious Maxes. The newest member of our family. Max the kitten:





Isn't he cute? It's been almost a year since Elvis died, and I think the girls and I are ready for a new cat. I only hope the drapes will hold up -- he was swinging on them last night and I need to regain my spray-bottle accuracy.

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:46 PM

    He's adorable. I bet the girls are loving him to death. Enjoy! At least kittens don't like to browse through toy boxes and randomly choose delicious plastic toys to shred into millions of pieces!(Go Mazoe)

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:57 PM

    awww, he's so cute! Kittens are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:29 PM

    How much do I love that Carol Burnet skit!

    Orange cats are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:24 PM

    No no no! Not too much at all!

    "Call me if you need help vit ze coffin." Just fabulous.

    Also, thanks for picking a picture of Max of Max & Ruby with his giving that annoyed look. From the little I've seen of the cartoon, that's easily his best look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:24 PM

    And congrats on the kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Hes beautiful!

    Nat's right - orange cats ARE the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new arrival. Off topic--wasn't The Carol Burnett Show the funniest show EVER...right up there with my all-time favourite The Mary Tyler Moore Show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is so cute...congratulations on your new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:45 PM

    Awww! Welcome, Max! (And, I'm totally stealing the bulk of this post if Papa Lou gets his way and the latest grandchild is named Max... remote, but not impossible!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, I miss The Carol Burnett show!
    cute kitty and of course, kudos to the pistol grip sprayer! A must with cats and Christmas trees too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely adorable.
    But hanging from the curtains already?? Maybe a super soaker?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwwwwww, now that is the cutest little Max I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He looks so sweet! Hope he learns that your curtains are not for his entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Alison.. sorry to comment here, but I don't have your email. LOL..
    I responded to your comment on my blog :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous1:03 PM

    Had to come back and tell you -- my folks called me last night that they're in the processing of adopting a rescue dog from a shelter in Manotick, and they're naming her Max! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, Max is adorable!

    ReplyDelete