Monday, January 22, 2007

Sisterly affection

Leah asked me if she could make some signs to decorate her bedroom door. I said sure, little realizing the peek inside her head this little project would give me. I guess it captures both her personality and the nature of her relationship with her sister.

The images are a bit yellow, as I turned off the flash.

How sweet:


Even sweeter:


Apparently, Leah was taught to write by Yoda:

In case you can't read it, it says, "In my room allowed there is food, but there is no fighting."

And that's where it gets interesting. Why would fighting be mentioned? Whoever could she be referring to? (That last sentence was dripping with sarcasm, in case you missed it.) Oh. Maybe she might be referring to her younger (and more physical) sister with the brown curly hair. Yep, I think that's it.

Check out the next sign:


The sign went up at first without the lettering, but even she thought that might be excessively mean and agreed that Rachel might sometimes be allowed into the room.

But this reprieve apparently does not extend to Huggy Bear, Rachel's constant companion:


And just to reinforce the 'no fighting' theme, check out the 'no punching' and 'no kicking' signs:




The door, in its entirety, so you can gauge the full effect. I had remembered to put the flash on at this point:

3 comments:

  1. Oh she is just a riot Alison! Love her creativity and self expression. You've taught them to be their own person for sure! What does Rachel think of the signs? Poor Huggy Bear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haa! I love the sound effects on the "no fighting, no kicking" signs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:48 AM

    That is so awesome! Leah is too funny! What did Rachel say?

    My boys share a room--I've been wondering about this sort of thing for a while now. It's bound to happen sooner or later...

    ReplyDelete