Saturday, December 02, 2006

It's very early

And already today is not going well. I'm trying to brew a third pot of coffee -- the first two failed, the filters bent and grounds got into the carafe. And I really, really need coffee today. I'm taking the girls to see their grandfather in Phoenix. They're thrilled. I'm a nervous wreck.

I'm not a good flyer at the best of times. And this isn't the best of times. An ice storm blew in yesterday -- freezing rain, ice pellets, snow, the works. So now I not only have to be afraid of vital pieces of the aircraft falling off, I have to worry about de-icing and bad weather. All while keeping up the facade of isn't-this-fun for the girls. Don't get me wrong, I love to travel, I just don't like flying. It doesn't stop me though, I figure I'll get used to it one of these days.

So, for the next week I'll be enjoying the warmth and sun of Arizona. It's my dad's 70th birthday, and my sister and her family are flying out too. Maybe having them on the plane will distract me some.

See you all next week, I'm off to see if there's coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment