Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Going to California with an aching in my heart

Well, not really. (Apologies to Led Zeppelin.)

I *am* going to California, tomorrow morning, and I have to be at the Ottawa airport at some ungodly hour of the morning. But my heart will definitely not be aching. Nor will I be posting to this blog for a few days.

I'm hoping everything will be OK on the home front, where a friend of mine and her daughter will be looking after my girls. And I'm so looking forward to a few days of talking to colleagues, catching up with old friends, going on a really interesting coastal geology field trip, and eating at restaurants where you pay for the food *after* you eat it (and where no clowns are involved in the process). I'm not even nervous about giving my talk. Well, not too nervous. It's almost finished, and I've been practising, but could always use another guinea pig to listen to it...

Anybody interested in public access to government-gathered geological information? Anybody? Hello?

(See you next week.)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:48 PM

    Have a great trip! Don't forget to get that lady really "happy" and convince her to host it in Lexington :-)

    ReplyDelete